The Kumba Mela Experiment - East Of The River Ganges
Release Date: March 2009
Let's take a trip to the East of The River Ganges… The Kumba Mela Experiment is striking at the first encounter. This spiritual and melodic piece of art is a unique collection of timeless sounds that manifest and commemorate the holiness of the Kumba Mela gathering, the biggest human gathering on earth. The Mela takes place every four years. Every twelve years is the Maha Kumba Mela, with millions of Sadus and Naga Babas that come to give Puja and bathe in the sacred waters, awaiting The Akara.
Youth, who is in charge of this project, has chosen Alex Paterson (The Orb), as well as an impressive lineup of participating guest artists, to create this 'one of a kind' project. A collaboration between the credible members of Dub Trees, Suns Of Arqa, Tangerine Dream, Dreadzone and the international psychic Uri Geller. Each one comes with his background and musical direction, each is heard and has a role that thickens and adds an extra dimension to the production. Without any attempt to be flattering, this project is a reliable one.
- 01. East Of The River Ganges (Mango In My Flute Mix)
- 02. Elephant Trax (Hammer To The Nail Dub)
- 03. Cleaning Fluid (Druids, Dreads And Sadhus Mix)
- 04. Spiritual Journey (Mothers Milk Edit)
- 05. The Kumba Mela (Himalayan Dub)
- 06. Life After Death (Glass Key Dub)
- 07. That Which I Could Only Sense (Phoenix Dub)
- 08. Interstellar Hiss (Sky Is On Fire Dub)
- 09. Be Conscious (Om Namai And Shiveye Mix)
- 10. Outro (Don't Want To Lose Your Love Dub Edit)